The Rootlab gourmet mushroom growing kit is an excellent choice for anyone looking to learn about the fascinating world of mushrooms. With our mushroom grow kit, you can grow up to 19 different varieties of mushrooms at home, making it one of the best mushroom growing kits available in Australia.
Our mushroom growing kit is both user-friendly and educational, making it an excellent option for anyone looking to learn about mushrooms and mycelium while having fun. With clear instructions and high-quality materials, you’ll be able to grow mushrooms at home with ease, all while gaining a greater appreciation for the natural world around us.
When comparing Rootlab’s mushroom kit with other mushroom grow kits, one key feature that sets us apart is our step-by-step instructions that guide you through the entire growth cycle of this magnificent fungi. Unlike other kits that only teach you about the fruiting stage, our kit steps you through the inoculation, colonisation, and fruiting stages. If you are interested in growing Cordyceps Check out our Cordyceps Militaris Mushroom Grow Kit and learn how to do it by yourself.
Our mushroom growing kits are safe and include email and phone service available to ask any questions. So, if you’re wondering what is the best mushroom growing kit or if mushroom growing kits are safe, look no further than Rootlab’s gourmet mushroom grow kit.
Some of the steps required for our mushroom growing kit include choosing the species you want to grow according to your level of expertise and location (following the temperature range guide in the second photo), inoculating the bag following the right sanitation procedures (introducing fungi to the bag), incubating the bag for colonisation (fungi start spreading in the bag and start digesting the food source), proceeding with fruiting instructions (growing actual mushrooms), harvesting and preparing for the second flush, and using your spent block as mushroom compost or disposing of it.
In summary, if you’re looking for a mushroom growing kit in Australia or mushroom grow kits in Australia, Rootlab’s gourmet mushroom grow kit is an excellent choice. With our step-by-step instructions and high-quality materials, you’ll be able to witness the complete growth stages of mushrooms and learn about every aspect of the growing process. It’s an educational and fun way to learn about mushrooms, perfect for families, schools, or anyone looking for a unique and engaging way to learn about fungi.
- Traditional mushroom kits offer limited options (4 or 5 varieties)
- The bag arrives fully colonised with mushroom culture. It is a more straightforward option as it removes part of the process, such as inoculation and incubation. However, doing so omits vital learning steps for anyone who wants to be an accomplished mushroom grower. For example, it is like buying a grown plant at Bunnings, which requires only watering to bloom.
What are some of the steps required for this kit?
- Choose the species you want to grow according to your level of expertise and the location you are based in (follow the temperature range guide in the second photo)(Side fruiting varieties are more manageable than top fruiting ones).
- Inoculate the bag following the right sanitation procedures(introduce fungi to the bag)
- Incubate the bag for colonisation (fungi to start spreading in the bag and start to digest the food source)
- Once colonised, proceed with the fruiting instructions (growing actual mushrooms)
- Harvest and prepare for the second flush
- Use your spent block as mushroom compost or dispose
Keep in mind
- This kit is intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. Expect a small harvest as it is just a 1 kg bag.
- It may require patience. The entire process takes about 45 to 60 days, sometimes longer in winter.
- Use the bag upon arrival. The traditional kits sold in the market can be kept in the fridge. Our bags can only be placed in the fridge once fully colonised.
- You dispose of time and energy to read and learn about mushrooms. It is critical to pay close attention to the instruction and safety guidelines provided.
- You know your current weather and can choose as per temperature guidelines and your experience level.
- You can provide them with care and humidity.
- Although spore allergies are rare, it is critical to keep your distance if you react to them.