Expand your own Liquid Culture mix with Supercharged Mix containing Peptone, Dextrose and Light Malt Extract (DLME)
This product has Corn Dextrose and Light Malt Extract, and Peptone. This is one of the best recipes to expand your own liquid culture as opposed to using just Honey, Karo or Glucose Syrup. This will result in extremely thick mycelium growth. We use lab-grade Premium Bacteriological Peptone in our product.
Note: Mycelium or Liquid Culture Jars are not included. Check out our other listings to add Mycelium and Liquid culture jars with an Injection port and air filter vent. You can use these to expand your liquid cultures at home.
We also offer Peptone by itself in our store.
- For every 10gm Supercharge Peptone DLME, add 500ml of water
- 100gm can make up to 5 Liters of Liquid cultures
- A little bit of sedimentation is normal and will go away as mycelium consumes the sugar.
- Sterilise in an Autoclave at 15psi for 45 minutes or a Microwave and bring to a boil 3-5 times.
- Ensure the Marble or Stirrer is inside the jar before sterilizing your Liquid culture medium.
- Once sterilization is complete, cool your jar until it reaches room temperature.
- Inoculate the Jar with clean culture and keep it in a dark space for 1-2 weeks for it to colonize completely. This must be done with extreme care in front of the laminar flow hood or Still air box.
- The Jar needs to be stirred using a magnetic stirrer (5 minutes) or using your marble to break up the mycelium in swirl motions 5-10 times every day to break up the mycelium and instigate growth.
(Be careful not to break your glass mason jars when swirling with Marble).
- Please be cautious to sterilise this product properly as it’s highly nutritious and may contaminate it if not properly sterilised.
- Some sedimentation might be present at the bottom of the jar after sterilisation. It is normal.
The liquid culture mix can be used in many different cultivation techniques. Once you have prepared your LC mix, you may inject the liquid culture into sterilized grain jars/bags, agar petri dishes, or even another jar containing LC mix to create more liquid culture. For aggressive strains (like Oysters and Reishi), you can even use it to colonize substrates directly.