Gypsum Calcium Sulphate (CaSO4) mushroom supplement grain and substrate
Our gypsum is a coarse grade and the highest quality available on the market. They come straight from a quarry and are broken up in our facility to at least half their size(1-2mm).
Our gypsum gives you better results than food grade and Bunnings ones, comes without any added ingredients, and is 100% natural, additive and processing-free.
Gypsum may be added at any stage of mushroom cultivation. It is a versatile compound that provides essential minerals for healthier mycelium growth, that is due to its high content of calcium and sulphur, which leads to bigger yields and higher chances of success. The key features of Calcium sulphate are:
- Prevention of sticking and clumping when added to grain spawn, leading to more prominent mycelial points of contact, reducing chances of contamination
- Increased moisture distribution when added to the substrate
- Enhanced yields and fruit body formation
Depending on the method, soak, boil and dry your grains and then add gypsum. Mix well and then sterilise.
- Add 3% of Gypsum of the total dry weight when adding to grains
- Add 5% of Gypsum of the total dry weight when adding to the substrate