Ready to use autoclavable liquid culture and grain spawn mason jars for mushroom cultivation
Save time and effort from drilling holes on Mason Jar lids. These Lab-class mason jars are designed specifically for liquid culture and grain spawn cultivation. Their wide mouth lid includes a Microppose injection port and a micron air filter. The injection port allows the needle to pass through multiple times while self-healing. The micron air filter has a vent of .22 microns, allowing the appropriate exchange of gases whilst remaining sterile. The filter and injection port have a strong adhesive that can withstand autoclave temperatures of over 120 Celsius (250F) at 15psi for extended periods.
Your purchase includes:
- 1x Glass Mason jar 1000 ml(with Marble or Magnetic Stirrer) Height: 18.5cm
- 1x White Mason jar plastic lid- smooth, no branding, with 2 holes
- 1x Self-healing injection port
- 1x Air Filter Vent
If you require Only the Plastic Lid, we have a different listing in our store for it.
- Excellent for Autoclaving
- It can be used to expand your Mycelium
- It can be used to inoculate your grain spawn
- The lids are rust-free since it is made of plastic
- Save time and money buying ready-to-go jars
- Glass Mason Jar Aussie/Ball/Kerr- (Wide) 1000ml Quart. 8.5cm wide and 18 cm tall
- Glass Marble- Dark green cat’s eye (Clear), 15mm-16mm diameter.
- 86mm Mason Jar lid (White colour) (Fit small 4oz wide mouth jars to 64oz wide mouth jars)
- Air Filter Vent (white colour)- 0.22 Micron, 3M backing-1.8 cm X 1 cm.
- Self-Healing Silicon injection port (Black colour) -3 m backing-1.8 cm.
- Magnetic stirrer Bar (White colour)- 7*30mm diameter.
Air Filter Vent:
This Air Filter Vent Provides gas exchange in culture containers whilst removing the chances of contamination. That is due to its 0.22-micron filter, which blocks all contaminants but permits the entrance and exit of oxygen and carbon dioxide (The smallest contaminants are 3 microns). This product has proven long-lasting and highly durable; it is autoclavable and widely used for grain jars and liquid cultures.
The self-healing Silicone Injection Port allows a needle to pass through while self-healing. It is autoclavable and long-lasting. Multiple times, we have sprayed alcohol on this product before inoculation, and it has shown no signs of deterioration. It is easy to clean and has a simple but elegant design, which homemade self-healing injection ports lack.
What makes these items efficient and secure is the 3M strong adhesive. It can resist autoclave temperatures above 121 Celsius at 15psi for extended periods when kept covered and dry during sterilisation (We have proved that it withstands higher psi; however, it is not recommended for lasting usability). We recommend keeping this jar covered with foil paper to avoid water/steam getting inside.
It is used for breaking Mycelium if you don’t have a magnetic stirrer. Please be careful when using marble. Swirl it around instead of shaking it to avoid breaking the jar.
Used to break up the Mycelium with the help of a Magnetic stirrer. More oversized bars always get thrown to the side while stirring, as most of the inexpensive magnetic stirrers have a weak magnet.
Check our Mason Jars and Lids Section to see more options